Sunday, March 09, 2008

my weekend bakes!

it has been a long long time after cny that i last baked, there are so many recipes that i always wanted to try but haven got time..


it has been a tiring week for me after cny making so many plans for everything.. i had no time and my body is too lazy to bake after work.. so i made full use of this weekend to bake those that i always wanted to make.. hee.. very satisfied with the bakes! i wanted to make choux pastry but cant find my recipes for it.. i have taken out all my choux pastries recipes and left it somewhere as my priority for baking but cant find it.. so cant bake.. then i realised, it is in my cupboard all along and i just couldnt find it..

bake 1: mousse cakes.. finally kendy went to the biggest branch phoon huat, geylang to help me buy the small cake rings to make mousse cakes.. but i simply cant handle gelatine.. this is my 2nd time failing it.. the 1st was, i promised to make cheesecake for christmas party but the cheese just doesnt set.. sighz.. this time round, the whipped cream and the cheese just doesnt set.. i removed the cake ring to see it flowing out.. how disappointing.. i threw them all away.. no photos..

bake 2: chocolate fondant.. in one recipes, i can only make 7 fondants.. dear dear ate 1, b sis ate 2! they love it! they are surprised with the ozzing chocolate in the middle! i made another batch today with the same results.. dear dear had another one today.. great!

presenting the chocolate fondant:


bake 3: marble cake.. next i decide to make marble cake.. because of the swirls inside, i always think is a beautiful sight.. cant wait to lay my hands on it.. but i mix too much batter with the chocolate paste because i have more chocolate batter than vanilla batter, thus my marble cake is not well presented.. but taste wise, great! this is my 1st attempt, will improve on the next.. but wonder when i got the chance to do it again.. because my family doesnt really eat cakes and dear dear prefers banana cake to marble cake..

presenting my marble cake:



bake 4: peach muffins.. found a recipes on the Internet on peach muffins.. i always wondered how it taste like.. and recently after having 2 baking tins for baking muffins, i love to bake muffins now! hee.. after reading baking books, i dare not overmix the muffins now.. after 5 times of stiring it, i let it rest.. i hate to see the lumpy muffin mix actually..

presenting my peachy muffins:

presenting my peachy stuff: i went on to make peach konnyaku jelly with the peaches i had left.

bake 5: wanted to make pizza as breakfast today.. but after the yeast rise and all which is more than 2 hours later.. we ate it about 4pm.. hee.. after zh brought her mum's homemade pizza, i have always wanted to make my own! see my onions and tomatoes, i fried my own tomato paste for the pizza.. hee.. results: well, zh mum did it better.. her consoles was that her mum has made it for many years where im just a beginner.. haha.. but it is definitely cost savings to buy sunshine brand pizza from fairprice than making it.. well, for the fun of it.. hee..

presenting my pizza bake:


random pics: bacon streaks.. got too much bacon for the pizza so made some bacon streaks for dear dear and brother.. their fave!

No comments: