Monday, December 06, 2010

my strangest cravings..

last week I have been craving for preserved mangoes that are so soury.. I have not eaten them for the past few years at least.. I only have it when my grandmother makes them.. O so yummy!!


I started asking around for preserved mangoes not dried mangoes.. those soaked in water? I dont know what they put inside man! Then 2 kind colleagues told me Isetan supermarket and Biscuit King.. I was adamant about having the preserved mangoes and on Saturday I called up Isetan just to confirm they sell preserved mangoes before making a trip there.. Sadly, they do not.. :( So I thought I better call Biscuit king to confirm that they sell preserved mangoes.. & yes, they do!! That afternoon we went to grabbed 3 boxes.. Words cannot explain the satisfaction that I had..


One word! Fabulous!! It tasted the same as what my grandmother makes them.. Great! My 1st cravings for 3 days is finally satisfied..


Well I figured why I crave for these mangoes, because I feel nauseous in the day at times and these soury stuff can curb that uneasy feeling.. It gave me an "omph" as I place one in my mouth..


Friends have asked me to take sour plums, "suan mei" but I just want the "omph" feeling with the juice splurting out.. that feeling is great and I am so thankful for Biscuit King for selling my grandmother preserved mangoes..


Mummy loves preserved mangoes!!!!! Yums!!

No comments: