Monday, January 07, 2008

baking tart shells..

today's my 1st day back to work.. not used to waking up at 6:30am.. i dragged myself from the bed and gave dear dear the usual morning call.. the days that i do not have to work.. dear dear was late for work because i couldnt wake up in time to give him morning call.. but today is back to normal.. i called him more than 2 times to make sure he wake up liao.. usually i call him once, sometimes twice..

gjh was having sale for their newmoon can mili products.. told dad if he wanted me to buy abalone and get dear dear pay for it for cny.. but he told us to save the $$.. so i only bought the following:

1) 1 can of fruit cocktail for my fruit tart.. hee..
2) 2 abalone sauce for home..
3) 2 lock and lock containers.. having a real good offer at $1 each.. mummy kendy bought 8!!
4) 1 can of straw mushroom for friday steamboat dinner..
5) 1 box of abalone yusheng for my in-laws..

which reminds me that this year reunion dinner is not the same as the past.. i will go home with dear dear to have steamboat dinner with his family.. then after, we will head home to mine for dinner.. which means that they start without me.. hope they start the ball rolling and mingle around when i reach.. because my chatty nature will make sure everyone gets comfy before the dinner starts.. hee..

after work, came home to bake more things.. since mum love my apple pie the other time, i made another round of mini apple tarts for her.. hee.. the rest of my tarts, i baked empty tart shells so that i can put fruits, custard, cream cheese etc on top as i like.. hee..

wednesday night going to make a cake for my dad birthday.. he has always been supportive of my baking frenzy and even encouraged me to go for classes to learn.. so gona make 1 for his birthday..

gona fill the empty tart shells with beans so that the pastry does not rise.. and still leave some space for my fillings..

i made more than 24 apple crumble tarts and have 30 over tart shells.. so happy and satisfied with my baking! hee..

my tart shells..

look at the difference between the rounded shaped tart shell and flowered shaped.. the rounded shaped makes the tart looks nicer at the top.. sighz.. should i get another baking tin??

packing some for my colleagues tomorrow..

No comments: