Wednesday, January 02, 2008

welcoming year 2008 with open arms!

Thank you Jesus for blessing me with a great 2007 and another great 2008 ahead!

It will be a challenging year for us with our intensive savings plan for our marriage plans, the house, the customary etc.. though i am not in approving to hold a customary marriage to have banquet and all but dear dear prefers to have it.. thus, we will slowly plan for it.. in the meantime, will have to save up for it!

dear dear told me his new year resolution is to cut down on drinking.. do not be mistaken, he do not drink so often now compared to before we got together.. he goes once a month or some months, he dont even drink! but he drinking has gotten better.. in the past i think he can drink more.. the recent pubbing we went together to celebrate our rom, he drank only a mug of beer and that's all! in the past, when we go together, he could drink 1 jug!

thanks my dear hubby for being so supportive especially when it comes to my baking.. he eats whatever that i bake! and that's because i know what he likes and bake to his taste! haha.. he is always the one that eats the most of my baking.. at times, even when the recipe fails me, haha.. he will also eat it.. never once has he said that my baking is lousy.. or why couldnt you improve? most of the time, he will say i give him surprises! he always say,"wow! my clever dear dear!" haha.. wow! egg tart, banana cake, cinnamon rolls, cheese cake, rum balls, almond cookies, chocolate cookies, butter cookies, cupcakes, apple crumble etc etc.. he is the 1st to say that my cupcakes taste great!

not only supporting the things i made, he accompanies me to phoon huat, fairprice baking section knowing that i can spend hours there and be fascinated by the things sold there.. though i have been to phoon huat jurong east many times, but each time is a new experience for me as i discover more things! as the little things can amount to alot.. i window-shopped at the ingredients, baking trays, wrappers, etc.. trust me, if i had no restrictions on myself, i can buy up the whole shop! besides accompanying me there, at times he would choose to sponsor my purchase.. i am not the girl that buys everything and he pays for everything.. i would choose to pay it myself as i bought it on my own accord..

other non-baking stuff included the porridge i made when he was sick, he love the pork balls porridge, rosti, carbonara pasta, pizza, herbal chicken, wanton noodles etc.. hope i will get more chances to whet your appetite.. hee.. which means, we come home more often for dinners.. hee

thanks dear dear for always reminding me to have my meals, whenever we go out, i try to save on the orders, you always share your food with me, though you prefer to eat your own, so that i wont go hungry.. you make sure i have my blanket on before you sleep whenever we stayover, you go orchard with me though u dislike crowds, you call me often though ur out with your pals, you give me morning calls during singapore public holidays ensuring that i wake up on time for work, coming to my workplace to wait for me when you do not have to work.. and when you come, you always bring a snack for me, curry puff etc knowing i'll be hungry.. hee.. taking bus with me knowing i do not like to stand on trains.. bringing umbrella out knowing i do not like to get drenched even if the rain is small or the walk is short.. dedicating songs for me when we go ktvs knowing what songs i'll sing.. pretending im the greatest singer! haha.. always seeking my opinions and trusting my views on things.. calling me in the middle of the night knowing that im not asleep when you were already sleeping, like just now, to remind me not to sleep late.. making sure that i have a wet sponge on me when i fell sick.. i can get too missy when i fall sick, whining and complaining about my discomfort.. accompany me to the library to read up on recipe books together.. listening to me when it comes to financial management.. calling the banks and etc.. i can nag the whole afternoon! hah.. scanning my recipes for me when you were busy at work because i left the recipe at your house.. hee..

i am happy to be married to you, my dearest hubby! may we have a great year of 2008! may we continue to stay lovey-dovey always, be happy together, always compromising with each other.. always making time for each other, and me nag less.. hope i will continue to bake great treats for your stomach! hee.. we do not have to be rich to be happy.. we will be satisfied with today and welcome tomorrow with open arms.. i love you..

No comments: