Thursday, November 29, 2007

my banana cake..

have been wanting to try making cakes with my success in cupcakes.. but have been sick since sunday.. been down with high fever and now cough.. slowly recovering..
this week at office, been so distracted by different recipes online.. on tuesday, mum brought home a bunch of bananas and it occured to me to want to bake banana cupcake.. however, dear dear said always cupcake.. eat also sianz.. so i went online to search for banana cake recipes..
went ntuc with dear dear just now to buy a spatula and cinnamon powder.. the other day i bought another packet of flour.. this time, i bought the cheapest plain flour instead of the normal self raising flour.. i tink my house is filled with more and more baking necessities.. and im simply loving it!
today kendy went to find logcake recipe.. it also struck me to want to make log cake.. hee.. so we printed out more and more recipes! and oh yes, kendy made beautiful maple cupcakes topped with cinnamon icing. v.nice!

i tried using the electic mixer to cream the butter and the sugar
but i still prefer my sleek whisk.. back to traditional methods.. haha

me so proud with my batter!! pardon the messy hair..

putting the batter into the baking tin..

taking a shot of how it looks like in the oven..
it is rising and rising and rising and rising...
because the ks me used self raising flour and added baking powder ;p
in case it doesnt rise. haha

so finally the top part became "chao ta"!
dear dear "da bao" 3 slices home, while xiang ate 1 slice,
my cousin,clement who is here, ate another slice..
and of course, always my brother ate 1 slice of my freshly baked banana cake..

for this recipe, i used 3 bananas as that was what was left.. i used 20 gms less sugar so as to make it healthier.. hee..

well, i think my blog will slowly change to a baking blog. haha. my next challenge will be.. haha. not too sure.. there's so many i want to try but so little time..

1) mini christmas log cake
2) fruit tart
3) apple pie
4) pineapple cookies can try baking now so can test if i cam make it during cny.. haa
5) lemon cookies
6) butter cookies

just realise that the recipes that im intending to make are all chocolate-free, mayb because im not a choco fan myself.. that explains hee

all rightey, gota hit my recipe books.. hee..

O yes, comments for my cake is that it is not sweet enough, not enough banana smell.. which means i have to include more bananas.. as banana itself is high in sugar content, by adding a few more bananas, i will not need to add in more sugar.. hee

p.s: thanks sista, for wanting to help me become more beautiful on my rom day.. appreciate that.. but keep the manicure for yourself k? love ya.. my sister also offered but i turned her down.. because manicure is not the most important thing to me..

No comments: